Along with any drug or supplement regimens you may choose, it is very important to follow a program to strengthen your immune system as much as possible.
Many of the natural supplements, herbs and oils listed on the supplements page will also help to strengthen your immune system.
In addition to these, and from all of the research I have done, here is a summary of what I have gleaned as some of the most important steps to take in building a strong and robust immune system.
- Probiotics are vital. I have found that raw probiotics are far more effective than the kind you buy off the shelf that is not live. In most health food stores you can find a refrigerated section of probiotics.
You want one that has many strains and are in the billions. I like Garden of Life. Even better, make your own kefir with trillions of over 30 types of good bacteria strains. See post on how to do this here.
If you just completed a round of antibiotics or you have been a frequent user of antibiotics, I would recommend that you do something intense for a short period. You need to repopulate your gut with good bacteria as fast as possible to avoid an overgrowth of bad bacteria. I’d recommend something like Garden of Life Raw Probiotics 5-Day Max Care.
After that, you should go onto a regular daily dose that you always take just like daily vitamins. I also recommend taking them between meals or on an empty stomach.
- Decrease toxic load into your body. That means no smoking, no pollution, no toxic chemicals ingested, inhaled or absorbed through your skin (cleaning agents, hair dye, etc.) See the chapter below on this subject to understand more about this.
- Cut out all junk food, sugar, artificial sweeteners and processed foods. Eat organic produce, meats, etc. Minimally follow the points laid out in my other book entitled HealthKick, Easy Healthy Living Hacks.
- Drink a lot of water daily as well as green tea. Green tea has been considered a medicinal remedy in Chinese tradition for over 4000 years and its many health benefits have recently been validated by scientific methods. Green tea contains a group of flavonoids that appear to inhibit viral infections. Drink water that is free of fluoride, chlorine and other chemicals.
- Get good sleep, see separate page on How to Improve Sleep.
- Testing for environmental and food allergies and sensitivities can also help. Allergies and sensitivities can overwork the immune system and weaken it.